The newcomer to the market, Nothing, has two smartphones in its portfolio so far – Nothing Phone (1) and Nothing Phone (2). The first generation is now getting an update to the stable Android 14 with Nothing OS 2.5 user experience. The new software brings with it several interesting new features. The information was published by GizmoChina.
The update to Android 14 has arrived on Nothing Phone (1)
After a long time of beta testing, it's finally here. The Nothing Phone (1) is receiving an update to the latest Android 14 operating system. Users will now have more options to personalize the GUI and Glyph lights.
The smartphone should notify you of the update's availability on its own, but you can also check for its availability manually in the settings, more specifically in the software updates section. In the comments below the article, you can let us know if the latest firmware has also arrived on your piece.
● Redesigned the common page to customize the home and lock screen, and improved the way to edit the wallpaper for a better overview of the options.
● New Atmosphere wallpaper effect. Transform your wallpaper photo into a dynamic background that brings movement to the colors on your home screen.
● Added monochrome wallpapers for a cleaner look to your home screen.
● Added a monochrome color theme in the basic color section.
● Get direct access to the music visualization feature through the Glyph interface (some of you may have already discovered it).
● Enhanced the overall effect of Glyph light playback when synchronized with your device's audio.
● Added a new Glyph animation when using NFC (for example, when making contactless mobile payments).
● Improved “Flip to Glyph” functionality.
● Customizable double press the power button to quickly access your selected function. Just go to Settings > System > Gestures.
● Multiple shortcut options on the PIN screen, such as Do Not Disturb, Mute, QR code scanner, and video recording.
● Quickly capture screenshots with a three-finger swipe gesture.
● New screenshot editor and menu with advanced editing and quick delete options.
● Added support for switching ringer modes in quick settings.
● You can now directly set up network connectivity via quick settings without unlocking the device.
● Updated Quick Settings layout and added support for displaying multiple device icons.
● Pedometer widget: track your daily steps directly from the home screen. Set goals and monitor your progress to stay motivated.
● Media player widget. Control your music easily on the go.
● Screen Time Widget: Monitor and manage your time spent using your phone to maintain a healthy digital lifestyle.
● Optimized user experience with the Weather app and improved alerts for severe weather events.
● Ability to adjust the ringtone volume and alert sound separately with an updated volume control interface.
● Automatic exclusion of the previous screenshot preview for multiple screenshots.
● Improved camera stability.
● Improved overall system smoothness and responsiveness for an even smoother user experience.
● Improved system stability and extended battery life.